If you are holding an event, training, or gathering, you may want to announce and promote it on Facebook. You can do this on your personal or business page, or better yet…both. Here are the instructions from Facebook’s Help Center (with some modifications for clarity) to direct you through setting up events on your page.
To create an event on your business Page
- Go to your Page, then click Offer, Event + or Event, Milestone + at the top of your Page’s Timeline in the post box
- Select Event
- Add details about your event, add a photo, and put in date, time, and description. Events on pages are public
- Click Publish, or click the down arrow on the blue publish link to schedule the post for a later date
To create an event on your Personal page:
- Click the down arrow next to “more” just under the cover image
- Scroll down and click on Event, then click on Create Event
- The event will default to a private event, so that you will need to invite attendees. If you would like the event to be public, click on the down arrow at the top that says “Create Private Event” and click on the option to make event public
- Fill in the event name, details, location, time and date. Keep in mind that you must include an event name and time
- After you publish, Tap on Invite and your list of friends will come up. Tap the names of the people you want to invite and then click Send Invite
- You can click on the option to let guests invite other or to show the guest list
How do I control who sees or joins my event?
When creating an event, the host can choose between the following privacy settings:
Private Event: Visible only to the people who are invited. You can choose to allow guests to invite their friends. People who aren’t invited cannot view the event description, photos, Wall posts and videos.
Public Event: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can also see the event description, photos, Wall posts and videos.
Note: Once you create an event, you won’t be able to change the event’s privacy settings.
To see who’s responded to an event invitation, go to the event, then tap Going, Maybe or Invited to see who’s responded.
To see who’s declined an invitation, go to the event on a computer.
To keep an accurate count of who’s attending an event, hosts of private events are able to update a guest’s RSVP. To update a guest’s RSVP to an event you’re hosting, find the person’s response or search for their name, and click to update their RSVP.
Note: For private events, hosts and other guests are able to see when you’ve viewed an event invitation.
How can I add photos or video to an event?
Hosts can add a main photo for the event from a desktop computer. To add a photo or video to an event’s Wall:
- Tap Post >
- Select a photo or several photos from your phone’s library or tap the camera icon in the library to take a new photo or video
- After choosing your photo or video, write something about it, tag people or add a place. Then tapPost
- If you are posting an event on your business page, and you want to include other businesses, at @Facebook Name to tag the business
If this is a public event, anyone who views the event can see its photos and videos. The photos and videos posted on private events are only visible to people who were invited. Hosts can remove photos or videos from their event.
Promoting your events on Facebook is a great way to increase attendance, visibility, connections, and digital reach. Let me know if you have any questions.